Assistant Director of Finance - W Amsterdam
Assistant Director of Finance
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting an Assistant Director of Finance. You will be joining the Finance team.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- As the Assistant Director of Finance you are the go-to person in the hotel for finance & accounting related matters and in charge of the daily finance operations together with the rest of the team.
- Take the lead in the monthly closing process
- Preparation of monthly financial P&L and reconcile the hotel’s Balance Sheet
- Supervise the finance team (AP, AR, Income Audit, Purchasing)
- Ensure compliance with our internal control requirements. Conduct self-audits, educate others on policies and procedures
- Assist in creating monthly forecasting and annual budget
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, the Asst. Director of Finance is responsible for creating an environment that coaches and mentor associates and running a smooth finance operations
- We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.
· At lease 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
· Fluent spoken and written English. Other languages are appreciated.
· Valid working permit for The Netherlands
· Experience with working with PeopleSoftis appreciated
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.