Convention Sales trainee - Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
The purpose of this position is to act as liaison between the client, Proactive Sales Department and the meeting planner, which makes the convention sales trainee responsible of preparing offers, selling & contracting meeting spaces and/or bedrooms.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The convention sales department handles all the incoming requests for events with function spaces and/or bedrooms.
The convention sales department handles incoming request by contacting the client, in order understand the client’s needs and expectations from the hotel, making a personalized offer, follow up the offer, and making modifications, if necessary and assisting or conducting site inspections with clients
· If the client accepts the offer, the convention sales coordinator / trainee is ought to prepare the contract and send it to the client. When both parties have signed the contract, the reservation can be considered as confirmed and definite.
As from this moment, the responsible Convention sales Associate makes a handover to the dedicated event planner.
Liaising with the Revenue department, Sales department and the Event Manager to create a working environment that supports organizational and core values. Identifying key business and optimizing space and revenue (yield) and creating long term Partnership resulting in repeat and returning business
To deliver outstanding customer service
Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property and establishing a good partnership with all operating departments.
Give Administrative support activities such as completion of Business Review Meeting, MPSI, Calendar’s, sales mail/e-mails, telephone calls…
To provide regular feedback to the Convention Sales Manager, Director of Sales, and other managers as appropriate on operational issues, standards and procedures.
Working with the Convention Sales Manager and Event Manager to develop strategies to enhance customer service and core standards.
Administration Support of Proactive Sales Team
Assist the Convention Sales Manager in the daily reporting and weekly reporting system
This list is subject to change
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience with Excel is an advantage
• Word-processing skills: Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint is an advantage
• Fluent in English and French or Dutch, any other additional language is a plus
• Develop strong communication strategies with all members of the Sales and Events Team
• Sales oriented;
• Customer focused.
The Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel offers you the opportunity to join the Marriott group and to immerse yourself in its values, which are open to the whole world, in order to develop an international professional career.
During your internship period, you will be entitled to:
• An allowance of 550€ /month (overseas students) and 350€ /month (Belgian students)
• 5 pieces of clothes to clean/week
• Meals during working hours
• Transportation from the hotel to the residence in Belgium