Groups, Meetings & Events Trainee
Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
Start Your Journey With Us
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
ONLY FOR STUDENTS WHO RECEIVE AN INTERNSHIP AGREEMENT FROM SCHOOL
The Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel has the position of a Groups, Meetings & Events Trainee available!
What are my responsibilities?
As a Groups, Meetings and Events Trainee you will be responsible for handling enquiries
for the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, for Corporate Groups (10 bedrooms or more), Local Catering (Meetings or Events without or up to 10 bedrooms) and Corporate Meetings (Meetings or Events with 10 or more bedrooms) from the enquiry stage to the execution.
You serve as contact person for clients, vendors, and meeting or event planners and communicate with them by phone and e-mail to respond to questions and requests, and optimize revenue & utilization of meeting and event space as well as Event Satisfaction. You are responsible for all details for a perfect execution of the event. You prepare all documentation and coordinate with all departments and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases of the events. You deal with reservation requests, no shows, changes, additional services and cancellations. Once this is done, it is time to go and explore our amazing city and relax!
What makes you the perfect fit?
• You communicate fluently in English and preferably Dutch.
• You are a team player, but you are also able to work independently.
• You have strong administrative and communication skills.
• You are available for 5 to 10 months.
What do we have to offer you?
• A trainee allowance of € 750 per month.
• 1 meal included per working day in our Ambassador Restaurant.
• Special discounted rates for 8000+ Marriott International Hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends.
• Discount on Food & Beverage in all Marriott International Hotels worldwide.
• A professional learning environment with excellent training opportunities.
• Being part of the largest hotel company in the world with career possibilities within Marriott International.
• Personal coaching and training to support your internship.
• Participation in several training sessions provided by our on property Learning Manager.
• A Take Care program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year
• We organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, yearly department outing etc.
• Participation participate in our Trainee Meetings to share your experience and learn more about the possibilities within Marriott.
Transformation on the way…
A unique opportunity is awaiting you in the city center of one of the most dynamic markets in Europe. We are excited that the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel is currently undergoing a full transformation. A major investment has been made in the hotel which will result in completely renovated guest rooms and public areas, including a brand-new bar, restaurant and rooftop bar & terrace. The hotel will expand from 402 to 500 rooms and an additional conference center will be constructed. The Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel has a very high focus on sustainability and will aim to become an enhancement to the city of Amsterdam.
Visit the below page to find out more;
Are you the perfect fit for this internship position? APPLY NOW!
Feel free to contact +31 (0) 20 551 2030 if you have any further questions. For more information regarding the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel please visit our website: www.renaissanceamsterdam.comMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.