Sapphire House Antwerp
ARE YOU A HOSPITALITY BRAVEHEART? JOIN US AS HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER AT SAPPHIRE HOUSE ANTWERP
We are The Odyssey Hotel Group, Europe’s most ambitious hotel operator and the team behind many famous global hospitality names. We partner with Marriott, IHG, and Accor to develop exceptional properties across various brands, from Holiday Express to Marriott's Autograph collection. Powered by over 700 Bravehearts and supported by Activum SG as our major shareholder, our purpose is to create wonderful stories through a passion for unique and locally inspired hotel design and attention to every detail. We achieve this through a culture of enabling and empowering our teams to be masters of the art of hospitality.
You’ll be joining a fast-moving, ambitious and successful team that’s shaking up the industry we love. If you thrive on responsibility, share a passion for great service, and are a natural collaborator, we’ll be a good fit. We pride ourselves on a Braveheart spirit with a collaborative mindset.
ABOUT SAPPHIRE HOUSE ANTWERP
Sapphire House Antwerp is a proud Autograph Collection hotel. With hand-selected inherent craftsmanship and a clear view of design and hospitality. Autograph Collection hotels offer rich, compelling moments that leave a lasting impression, ‘’exactly like Nothing else’’. Influenced by the Golden Age of Antwerp, Sapphire House Antwerp its unique 139 rooms and suites blend seamlessly authentic details, artwork and custom-made design to create an unforgettable experience of comfort and luxury.
Sapphire House Antwerp has two unique restaurants:
Green Michelin star restaurant WILDn, where our two star chef Bart de Pooter created a culinary temple that takes plant food to new heights. The menu is guided by the seasons with the best local ingredients, from farmer to plate.
Restaurant PLANTn, at PLANTn we are passionate about bringing vegetable dishes 24 hours a day. We offer breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. In this unique and relaxing bistro decor, star chef Bart de Pooter brings together the best seasonal ingredients of our farm and local producers. In addition, our kitchen team uses preservation techniques such as pickling and fermenting to make the most of our precious ingredients and minimize waste.
The housekeeping manager oversees the housekeeping department of the hotel and is responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all guests. They lead, train, and supervise the housekeeping team while ensuring all housekeeping staff follow the proper safety and sanitation standards for guest rooms and public spaces. Additional tasks include overseeing the allocation of budget and supplies for the housekeeping department and contributing to the overall satisfaction of hotel guests. This supervisory role is typically full-time in a hotel setting and reports to the general manager.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
● Oversee all housekeeping department daily operations, including the cleanliness of all guest rooms and public areas .
● Lead, hire, and train hotel housekeeping staff to adhere to our high standards of cleanliness and customer satisfaction.
● Oversee the housekeeping department budget, take inventory, and ensure adequate cleaning supplies are in stock.
● Document areas cleaned by room attendants and report any issues, such as room damage or maintenance requests, to the front office.
● Ensure all cleaning equipment is in proper working order and make arrangements for repairs as needed.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
● By being a warm and helpful communicator and being guest-oriented
● With the ability to put things in perspective when it comes to helping guests
● Leadership skills
● Thinking out of the box to create unique experiences
● With a love for structuring a bit of chaos
● By being a great team player and being proactive
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
● Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including weekends, and holidays;
● Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks;
● Your English is top-notch, as you’ll be helping a lot of guests with different backgrounds
● You are quality oriented
● You are stress resistant
WHY THIS ROLE AT ODYSSEY?
The advantage of joining via Odyssey means that you’ll be empowered to be your very best. Together we grow. You get the opportunity to grow to our other brands and headquarters.
● Flexible working hours [optional: and a hybrid working environment] - you choose your schedule!
● A market-competitive salary
● Employee discount rates in more than 8000 hotels, for you and your family
● Your personal development taken seriously. You have the option to grow within our diverse hotel brands and our headquarters. You'll be regularly informed of vacancies and are free to apply internally!
● Room for your ideas and creativity - your vision is important to us
● Working from a beautiful location, as all our hotels are well designed
● A big discount on your meals that you can enjoy during your shifts
● Working in a dynamic work environment where no day is the same
● A culture where great colleagues become true friends
● Diversity in the work and tasks and getting involved in projects
Please apply via this vacancy and our colleagues from the Talent team will contact you as soon as possible. The first screening will be done by our Talent Specialists, and the first interview will be with the HR coordinator, Yarno Suykens. If this interview is positive, you’ll have a second interview with the HR coordinator and the Department manager. We look forward to receiving your application!