Internal Auditor - Multi Property
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
As a Multi-Property Internal Auditor you will be part of our motivated and professional Finance team.
We are looking forward to motivated team players who have a passion for Finance to optimize the efficiency of our team.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic colleague! Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment in Amsterdam and are you interested in a position at Marriott? Read the information below and get excited to apply!
Supports and audits the execution of Marriott control environment processes throughout the hotel. Support departmental leaders as they work with and understand these processes. Performs auditing and accounting functions as needed to ensure standards are being met.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
- Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the audit standards.
- Interacts with operations leaders to achieve control environment goals.
- Provides and leads training opportunities for department leaders.
- Coordinates implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
- Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection procedures.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Verifies that audits are completed correctly and on time, in line with auditing procedures.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Verifies profits and losses are documented accurately. - Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
- Completes month end audit related functions
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of all Marriott SOP's
- Demonstrates knowledge of all Marriott Department Risk Assessment Tools
- Demonstrates knowledge of all Marriott Quarterly audit requirements
- Demonstrates knowledge of all Marriott SRA audit requirements
- Demonstrates knowledge of other job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, develop financial spreadsheets, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. - Demonstrates strong personal integrity.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
- Informs and/or updates the executives and the peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise well organized way.
4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting; 2 years of experience in accounting, auditing, or a related professional area
Able to speak, write and read fluent in English
Able to keep your head cool in busy situations
Able to maintain a clear communication between different departments
For more information about the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel please have a look on our website; www.amsterdammarriott.com.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.