Sales & Marketing Trainee - Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Please note that this position is only for current students pursuing a Hotel Management degree.
This internship is available for a minimum period of 5 months, starting in August 2020.
With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find us: the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 banqueting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
As a Sales & Marketing trainee you will be introduced to all aspects within the department. Your daily routine consists of administrative, organizational and supportive tasks. Together with the Sales Team you will establish potential business partners, and you will support the Marketing Team by designing and maintaining social media pages of both hotels.
What are your responsibilities?
· Supporting the Sales Team by attending Tradeshows, Sales Blitz, Client Events and Side Inspections;
· Supporting the Marketing Team by coming up with creative ideas for Event giveaways and keeping track of social media pages of both hotels;
· Setting up month-end reports, preference plus programs, purchase orders and booking space reports for groups;
· Preparing and carrying out VIP Arrivals and Voucher Requests;
· Being the first point of contact for the Sales & Marketing department;
· Everything else that you want to learn and can handle!
Who are you?
· A student of the hotel school or other relevant education;
· Looking for an internship for a minimum of five months;
· Organized, services minded and independent;
· Accurate and punctual;
· Strong social and communication skills;
· Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
What do we have to offer?
A monthly trainee allowance of €750;
A professional environment to work in and the opportunity to learn from others in the highest segment of the hospitality industry;
Being part of the biggest hotel company in the world and career possibilities within Marriott International;
Personal coaching and training to support your internship;
Special discounted rates for 8000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
Discount on Food & Beverage up to 20% in Marriott Hotels worldwide;
Free meals in our Staff Cafeteria;
Free use of our Health Club;
A Take Care program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year;
We organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings;
Are you the perfect fit for the internship position? Please let us know why you want to be part of our team! For more information, take a look out our website: www.marriott.com/careers.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.